Makes about 8 servings
- 6 granny smith apples (about 5 cups), peeled & sliced ½ inch thick
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup XO Baking Co. All Purpose Flour Blend
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) cold unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine sliced apples, lemon juice, cinnamon and sugar. Mix with your hands to ensure even coating on apples. Pour apple mixture into a square baking pan or glass dish.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter, and using your hands or a fork, mix the ingredients together until mixture is combined and small crumbs form.
Sprinkle crumb mixture over apples and bake for 25-30 minutes, until topping is golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream & ENJOY!!