- 8 oz ( 2 1/3 cup ) grated sharp cheddar cheese or other grated cheese of your choice
- 2 oz (¼ cup) cold butter cut into cubes
- 1 ¼ cup XO Baking Co. All Purpose Flour (to measure flour properly, spoon flour into measuring cup so it overflows, and level off with a knife)
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 5-6 tbsp ice water
- Place all ingredients except the ice water in the bowl of your food processor.
- Process for 1 min or until all the cheese is incorporated with flour.
- Add ice water by the tablespoon pulsing after each addition until dough forms. The dough should be easy to handle and not sticky.
- Remove dough from food processor and knead with your hands for 20 seconds.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly dust countertop with flour. Roll dough to 1/8 thickness.
- Use a small cookie cutter or just a knife and cut out desired shapes. Put on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake about 15 minutes or until they have puffed and are beginning to turn brown on the edge. They should feel hard in the center when touched.
- Remove from oven and carefully slide crackers onto a wire rack. Cool completely and store in airtight container.
- Dough and crackers freeze well.
Note: You can play around with the flavors by adding herbs such as thyme, sage and rosemary, basil or oregano.