Old Fashioned Lemon Bars
- 1 ¾ cups XO Baking All Purpose Flour (approx. 220 grams)
- 2/3 cup Powdered Sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- ¾ teaspoon fine salt
- 1 ½ sticks (6 oz) cold unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons XO Baking All Purpose Flour
- Zest from 2-3 lemons
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/8 tsp fine salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- For crust, combine all dry ingredients in the bowl of a food processor, or electric mixer with paddle attachment. Mix in cold butter until uniform crumb mixture forms. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch baking pan or dish. Bake for 20 minutes, until crust is lightly golden. Lower oven temp to 325.
- Meanwhile, while crust is baking, prepare the lemon filling. With an electric mixer combine all ingredients together. Remove crust from oven and immediately pour lemon filling over crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until middle of filling is set.
Cool before serving.
Makes about 8 servings
- 6 granny smith apples (about 5 cups), peeled & sliced ½ inch thick
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup XO Baking Co. All Purpose Flour Blend
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) cold unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine sliced apples, lemon juice, cinnamon and sugar. Mix with your hands to ensure even coating on apples. Pour apple mixture into a square baking pan or glass dish.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter, and using your hands or a fork, mix the ingredients together until mixture is combined and small crumbs form.
Sprinkle crumb mixture over apples and bake for 25-30 minutes, until topping is golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream & ENJOY!!